Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

Where do I even begin to start to writing this post? My eyes instantly tear up with the love and admiration I have for my mom. She is an amazing woman in so many ways, those of which I have grown to appreciate more and more as the years go by. My mom is the sweetest, most giving person I know. She has worked very hard to get where she is in her life today. When my sister and I were younger, she sacrificed so much of what she wanted or needed so that we could have what we wanted and needed. She is one of my best friends and confidants. She is a wonderful mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, wife, and friend to many. She has helped me in so many ways throughout my life I couldn't even begin to count. She is reliable, responsible, smart, hard-working, forgiving, calming, caring, thoughtful, social, a talented piano player and teacher, a great cook, an even greater scrapbooker, a lover of animals (especially little Chimi), sensitive, and always considerate to those in need. She is my frequent travel partner to the dentist, my care taker after a rough trip to the dentist, my shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen when I've had a bad day, my voice of wisdom and reason when I'm struggling with a decision, my biggest and best advocate no matter the situation, an amazing caregiver and support to my grandpa, and most of all my sweet mother who I adore and love more than anything else in this world. I can't imagine who I would be today without her influence in my life. I love you, MOM!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Thank you so much, Melanie, for that lovely post. I don't know what I would do either without you in my life. You are a sweet daughter.