Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"50 Things" MeMe

I love reading a good MeMe about someone else and, quite honestly, I love filling them out on myself! I think they provide some insight on people's hidden quirks that make them unique individuals. Plus, they're just fun! Here's a "50 Things" MeMe on yours truly:

1. I am neither a morning person nor a night person—I’m more of a midday girl.

2. My favorite color is purple, yet I don’t own one item of purple clothing.

3. I have never been to the dentist and NOT had a cavity. My sister has never had a cavity in her life (not fair!).

4. I’m a sleep-eater. I eat during the night without realizing what I’m doing until I wake up in the morning and see the empty wrappers next to my pillow.

5. Other than my husband, my very best and closest friends are my sister and my mom.

6. My nephews and niece are my favorite people to hang out with.

7. I picked out my future daughter’s name (should I have a daughter) when I was twelve.

8. My favorite food is fried cheese.

9. I am a reality tv show junkie. From the tacky and ridiculous to the clever and heartfelt—I love watching them all.

10. My favorite style of home is a brick bungalow.

11. I have always wanted to own a convertible SAAB.

12. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Summer is my least favorite time of the year.

13. I would rather be at home than any other place.

14. Growing up, I wanted to be a professional closet organizer.

15. I hate unloading the dishwasher.

16. I love to vacuum.

17. I almost always drive the speed limit. It is a rare occasion that I drive faster than the posted speed limit sign.

18. I have a hard time getting rid of or giving away old clothing, even when it doesn’t fit anymore. About 75% of the clothes in my closet I haven’t worn for over two years.

19. I love roller coasters and thrill rides. I would love to visit all of the best amusement parks in America.

20. I don’t like to be in charge or to be the leader of a group.

21. I love to read other people’s blogs, but the very thought of having one of my own really stresses me out.

22. I don’t enjoy spending time getting ready in the morning (doing my hair, putting on make-up, etc.) The less time spent in front of the mirror the better!

23. Given the option to do so, I would wear track pants every day of the week.

24. From a very young age, I have always wanted to be a mother.

25. I prefer eating stale licorice as opposed to fresh. When I buy a new package, I leave it open for a few days before eating it.

26. I keep the temperature at home around 65-68 degrees.

27. I can procrastinate like no other!

28. I have a soft spot in my heart for animals.

29. I thoroughly enjoy going grocery shopping. I could spend hours going up and down the aisles looking for new food items, especially yummy snacks.

30. I look forward to the day I have a yard that requires upkeep.

31. My favorite movie is Terms of Endearment, even though it makes me cry every time I watch it.

32. I am VERY cranky if I don’t get 8-10 hours of sleep each night.

33. I wash my face with plain old bar soap.

34. Every morning I have a cup of cocoa and a glass of diet coke before I even think about starting my day.

35. I would much rather snack all day than sit down and eat a prepared meal

36. I have very little tolerance for ignorant, arrogant people.

37. I hate to drive in the rain or in the dark.

38. I prefer to be the passenger rather than the driver.

39. I don’t keep in touch with any of my friends from high school or college although I secretly wish that I had.

40. I don’t like drinking milk. At all. Never have, probably never will.

41. I don’t like tomatoes, but I like tomato-based products.

42. I will occasionally buy something just because it’s a “good deal”, even if I have no intention of ever using it.

43. I am a lazy person by nature. Given the opportunity, I will lounge about on the couch in my pajamas all day long.

44. I used to be obsessive about cleaning and keeping everything straight and organized, until I got married.

45. I would much rather be around a small group of friends than at a party with a large group of people.

46. I get anxious and fussy when I have too many commitments and not enough “down time” to myself.

47. My favorite day of the week is Friday.

48. I wouldn’t change one detail about my wedding day. It was a perfect day.

49. I never eat anything that is close to or past the expiration date on the package. NEVER. EVER.

50. I almost never pick up voicemail messages on our home phone until the mailbox is completely full.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

How fun to read all the things about you that are unique. I think I knew most of them, but I didn't know that your favorite color is purple and you like stale licorice. You certainly could have listed what an excellent writer you are and that you are good at proofreading other people' writing.
I am having dinner for the family on Mother's Day. Could you bring some kind of bread? We are having lasanga for the main course. Does 1:00 in the afternoon work for you?

Natalie said...

LOL!!! I knew everything on your list except for the color purple and the stale licorice. I think I would have almost every answer on my list too...except for the 65 degree in my home part. And I love the be the driver of the car and the leader of any group I am in. That must be why we get along so well. :) :)

Natalie said...

By the way, you look super hot in track pants!