Friday, June 12, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DER BEAR!!

Today is my nephew's 11th birthday.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Derek!!!

Derek is one of my favorite people to be around. We used to call him 'Bear' because he had this cute little growling sound he would make when he got mad or frustrated. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate that I still like to call him 'Der Bear' from time to time! Here are a just a few of the great things about Derek that make him so special...

He is easy going, kind, athletic, smart, charismatic, and last but not least he is quite the ladies man! He has been known to receive many, many "love notes" over the years in his cubby from the girls at school. I remember him being a charmer from a very young age. I have seen him be so sweet and patient with his little sister, Megan. He is very polite and well mannered (way to teach 'em young, Nat!) Derek LOVES playing baseball and is so dedicated to the sport. He puts A LOT of time and effort into practicing his pitching, catching, and batting. He has already hit several home runs this season! He has become quite the "stats" man when it comes to sports in general. He knows the players, which teams they are on, who the best teams in the league are, who's been traded where, etc. He is like a walking ESPN Sports Center!



I am so proud to have Derek as my nephew!!!
HAPPY B-DAY BEAR!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Great post about Derek! Your baseball pictures are really clear...I need to get a camera like yours.:)

Marilyn said...

Derek really is an exceptionally well-mannered young man. This is a rarity among 11-year-old boys.