Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Long Time, No Post

I have been neglecting the blog in a really bad way lately! No particular reason for doing so, just that I haven't been much in the blogging mood. Apparently, I haven’t been in a picture taking mood either because the only pictures I have to post with this update were taken by someone else. Here are a few of the latest happenings in the Powell household:

Wally is now gainfully employed, albeit never home, but working like crazy and loving it. After eight months of job searching with no luck, he started driving for Central Refrigeration. He says he has found his niche! Of course, he misses me like crazy (ha!) and it gets a little too quiet at home sometimes with just me and the cat, but we are all adjusting and feel very grateful he was able to find a job. My fingers (and toes) are crossed that he makes it home for Christmas!

My dad and stepmom arranged for our family to attend a Christmas concert of sorts at Abravanel Hall—a group called Voice Male. I knew they were going to sing Christmas songs, but I had no idea they were going to be so funny with their antics and mannerisms. Given the opportunity, I would definitely go again!

Parties, Parties, Parties!! I have been to more parties in the past two weeks than I have been to during the entire year! We had a fun get together at my mom’s house this past Saturday. I wish I would have taken pictures, especially since my 91 year old grandpa was there. Not unlike Thanksgiving, I’m hoping to steal some of the pictures Natalie took at the party from her blog when she posts them (hint, hint). Here are a few that my mom took with her camera.


I am definitely celebrating the season, seeing a lot of family and friends, and enjoying every minute of it! I’m a big fan of the holidays and everything associated with it. It’s been a little different this year without Wally around as much, but I’m lucky to have family close by to keep me smiling and festive.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Great post, Melanie! I have not been blogging much lately either. It is always fun to read other blogs, so I need to do my part too.