Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Plus One

Wally and I are excited to announce that we are expecting our first child together! Thrilled, ecstatic, overjoyed, amazed, grateful, and overall on cloud 9 are just a few of the emotions we have been feeling over the past three months. It has been a long walk on the fertility road to get us to where we are today. We are so thankful for the expertise and knowledge out there that make it possible for couples with challenges to still be able to conceive. How lucky we are for that and for our extremely supportive family who were a HUGE part in getting us to this point. We cannot ever thank them enough!!

So, I am just out of my first trimester and very happy to be! It was kind of a stressful time period, but I’ve been so lucky to only have some brief stints of nausea and mild headaches. Oh, and wanting to sleep 24 hours a day! Other than that, I’m feeling good and anxiously awaiting a growing belly.

These pics were from an ultrasound about a month ago, so a little out-of-date but the most recent ones that we have. We think he/she resembled a gummy bear at the time with the little nubs for arms and legs. Of course, we think it’s the cutest gummy bear ever! We’re hoping our little guy/girl resembles something a bit more human these days:)

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a great entry! You really do write very well. I can feel your excitement and pride. It has been a long journey to get to this point. You will make such a marvelous mom and I will be a fantastic grandma. This baby will truly be one of the highlights of my life.

Natalie said...

You will be an amazing mom and I will be an amazing aunt haha. I can't wait!!!! Yay we are in the 2nd trimester!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

I'm so happy for you! You will be a great mother!

jen said...

How exciting! Congrats!