Friday, July 17, 2009

Flashback Fridays - Happy, Smiling Faces

These are a few of my favorite pictures of my sister's boys from years past. Looking at their happy, smiling faces can't help but make me grin from ear to ear! At the ages below, they loved hanging out with Aunt Mel. I wasn't married back then either, so we had a lot of time to spend together. As they grow older and get more involved in their activities & friends, the window of opportunity to hang out seems to be narrowing. Plus, I don't think I'm as cool as I used to be! Amazing what a few years can do. I did buy a Lagoon Season Pass last summer so Jake and I could spend time together riding the roller coasters until we were sick (oh wait, that was only me who got sick!). I'm hoping to do the same this year to squeeze in as much fun time with him as I can. Next, I need to focus on Derek's passion, SPORTS, so I can weasel my way into his summer, too!

I love these boys!!


Derek


Jake



Jake & Derek

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute pictures! It is fun to see the kids when they were younger. Everyone has changed so much. It is hard to imagine that Megan was that little.

Natalie said...

Oh my cute! That picture of the boys in the little lazy boy is my Favorite!!! You know you will always be the beloved Aunt Mel. At least the boys still want to hang with you. They are both completely embarassed by me!